- 1 cup SunRidge Farms Organic Chili Colorado Blend (uncooked) + 4 cups water*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 Tbsp + 4 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1.5 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- Dash of cayenne
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish: fresh herbs
- *Or 1 cup uncooked beans of choice
- Add chili bean blend and 4 cups of water to a large pot, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn off stove and let beans soak for one hour.
- Pour beans into colander. Rinse and drain.
- Add 3 Tbsp water to pot, and sauté onion, garlic, and bell pepper on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add more water if necessary to prevent sticking. Stir frequently.
- Add in soaked beans and all remaining ingredients (except optional garnish), and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer, and let cook (covered) for 2 hours, or until beans have fully softened. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
At about 1 hour, taste (carefully!) to see if you want to add any more spices, and doctor the chili accordingly.